Using WIC benefits to buy food is easy. When you sign up for WIC, you’ll get a card that works like a debit card to buy food at the register.
When you shop at the store, use the free WICShopper app on your phone to check your food benefit balance and which foods you can buy.
Extra Fruits & Veggies Extended in 2023
The extra fruits and veggies added to your WIC card last year will continue through September 30, 2023.
- Kids (ages 13 months - 5 years) $25/month
- Pregnant or just had a baby $44/month
- Breastfeeding up to $49/month
What to do:
- Check the balance on your eWIC card by phone, online or by using the WICShopper app.
- Buy fresh, frozen and canned fruit and veggies.
- Spend your benefits before they expire at the end of the month!
Temporary Formula Substitutions Ending
December 7, 2022 - Formula is becoming easier to find in stores again, so the temporary substitutions will no longer be available from WIC.
- Temporary formulas allowed through February 28, 2023
- Buy any size container of Similac through April 30, 2023
Check your benefits and get updates in the WICShopper App
Get Ready for the Change
If you’ve been using one of the temporary formulas, try one of the standard formulas:
- Similac Advance
- Similac Sensitive
- Similac Total Comfort
- Similac Isomil
You can mix 2 different formulas to make the change gradually, but you don’t have to. As babies get older, their digestive systems develop and they’re often able to tolerate formulas that didn’t work when they were younger.
Worried about how your baby is tolerating their formula? Ask your healthcare provider or ask us. Text 20121 or call 503-988-3503.
- Temporary Choices for Infant Formula (PDF)
- Sustituciones temporales para las fórmulas en polvo (PDF)
Multnomah County WIC