We are taking the lead in making the Burnside Bridge earthquake-ready. The project is in the planning, or environmental review, phase. The project will ensure we have a bridge that can withstand a major earthquake and remain open to all forms of travel. Construction is expected to begin in 2025.
In 2024, we will replace the deck of the Broadway Bridge's lift spans, as well as repair the brakes that help control their speed.
In 2024, a contractor will repave and make other repairs to the Hawthorne Bridge. Construction crews will repair deteriorated deck concrete and place a new deck surface, as well as replace deck joints for both the east and west sides of the bridge.
In 2024-5, we will add titanium rebar to strengthen approaches to the Morrison Bridge, and replace the motors and brakes that open and close the movable span.
- Morrison Bridge Painting Project (2022-2023)
- Burnside Bridge Maintenance Project (2018-2020)
- Broadway Bridge Rall Wheel Project (2017-2018)
- Broadway Bridge Control System Upgrade (2021)
- Broadway Bridge Painting Project (2015-2016)
- Hawthorne Bridge Beam Strengthening (2019-2020)
- Hawthorne Bridge Westside Ramp Project (2019)
- Hawthorne Bridge Concrete Crossbeam Repairs
- Morrison Bridge lift span deck replacement
- Sellwood Bridge Replacement Project
- Willamette River Bridge Capital Improvement Plan (2015)