We are taking the lead in making the Burnside Bridge earthquake-ready. The project is in the planning, or environmental review, phase. The project will ensure we have a bridge that can withstand a major earthquake and remain open to all forms of travel. Construction is expected to begin in 2025.
The steel on the two fixed and two moveable river spans of the Morrison Bridge will be repainted starting in January 2022, with project completion in summer 2023. The existing paint is peeling and must be replaced to avoid corrosion of the structural steel members.
In 2023, we will replace the deck of the Broadway Bridge's lift spans, as well as repair the brakes that help control their speed.
In 2024, a contractor will repave and make other repairs to the Hawthorne Bridge. Construction crews will repair deteriorated deck concrete and place a new deck surface, as well as replace deck joints for both the east and west sides of the bridge.
- Burnside Bridge Maintenance Project (2018-2020)
- Broadway Bridge Rall Wheel Project (2017-2018)
- Broadway Bridge Control System Upgrade (2021)
- Broadway Bridge Painting Project (2015-2016)
- Hawthorne Bridge Beam Strengthening (2019-2020)
- Hawthorne Bridge Westside Ramp Project (2019)
- Hawthorne Bridge Concrete Crossbeam Repairs
- Morrison Bridge lift span deck replacement
- Sellwood Bridge Replacement Project
- Willamette River Bridge Capital Improvement Plan (2015)