Contact us with questions about your property, zoning or land use in rural Multnomah County.
- Ask a Planner online form
Use this interactive map* to find:
- your zoning and plan area
- aerial photos of your property
- additional boundaries and regulatory zones, soils, slopes, contours and more
*Zoning for properties located within the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area are currently displaying incorrectly. Please contact us for correct zoning information.
- Use our Ask a Planner online form
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave a voicemail at 503.988.3043. We cannot receive text messages.
A planner will respond to briefly discuss your project, and let you know your next steps. Our ability to respond to general zoning questions may be slowed as we prioritize state-mandated deadlines.
In order to help you, we'll need to know the address of the property you're asking about, or another means of identifying it like a tax lot number or an alt account number.
Our staff is available by appointment only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Appointments are conducted virtually or over the phone.
Submit Common Requests
The first step in submitting any permit or application with us is to visit our Ask A Planner online request form. Let us know what you want to do and where you want to do it.
The Planner on Duty will follow up with you. They will help you find out what requirements we have for your proposal. They will tell you what steps you need to follow and what documents you need to submit.
- Building Plans for Zoning Review
- Land Use Compatibility Statement (LUCS)
- Pre-Filing or Pre-Application Request
- Type I Application
- Type II or III Application
Land use applications will not be identified as "received" until full payment is made. If payment is made outside of regular business hours (excluding holidays), the application will be identified as “received” on the first business day following payment.