Picking the right Medicare plan is individualized and we can make sure you pick a plan that meets your health needs.
We’re trained and offer free, unbiased assistance with Medicare issues.
Trained SHIBA volunteers can help Medicare beneficiaries:
- Find out if they’re eligible for benefits they are not receiving
- Compare insurance policies
- File claims
- Make appeals and complaints when necessary
- Make referrals to federal, state and county offices
- Identify potential insurance violations.
SHIBA offers one-on-one Medicare counseling. For more information please call the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) at 503.988.3646 or email email@example.com.
Sign up for a 2-hour, Virtual, Medicare Basics or Medicare 101 class:
- Wednesday, September 15, 2021, 10am-12pm noon: Register for Medicare 101
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 7pm-9pm: Register for Medicare Basics (select HE4MC.95)
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 10am-12pm noon: Register for Medicare 101
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 7pm-9pm: Register for Medicare Basics (select HE4MC.96)
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 7pm-9pm: Register for Medicare Basics (select HE4MC.97)
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 7pm-9pm: Register for Medicare Basics (select HE4MC.98)
What SHIBA can do for you?
What to expect in a meeting
Learn about our volunteer staff members' rigorous training
Duties and Being a Volunteer
Complete the SHIBA Volunteer Application, screening, training, and internship.
Maintain confidentiality of client information, per Oregon SHIBA Security Plan.
Provide individual health insurance assistance at sponsor site or in clients’ homes.
Assess clients’ resources and health care/health insurance needs.
Complete Client Contact forms either online or on paper.
Refer clients to resources as needed.
Enjoy helping others
Are dependable, understanding, patient, and compassionate
Protect client confidentiality
Have no conflict of interest
Want to provide SHIBA services
Have computer skills or are willing to learn
Work well alone and in a team
Apply to volunteer
Apply today online or call 503.988.3646 to connect with the SHIBA volunteer coordinator.