Multnomah County is seeking public comment on two potential sites for a new downtown courthouse at a February 5 open house and via an online survey. Public input will be shared with county commissioners before they select a courthouse site this spring.
The open house is Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the County Courthouse, Main Jury Room, Room 130, 1021 SW 4th Ave., Portland. The drop-in format and information displays will be the same as the last open house on January 29.
The public can also provide comments on the site selection by taking an online survey by February 23. The survey and information presented at the open houses is at the project’s website: multco.us/central-courthouse-project.
Information presented online and at the open house includes:
- Attributes of the preferred site (Hawthorne West Bridgehead) and the alternate site (Block 128 parking lot east of KOIN Tower)
- Histories of the two sites
- Project need and goals
- Concept visuals for each site
- Project timeline and funding
- Project area map with parking, transit and bicycle routes
The Courthouse is on the downtown transit mall and served by many bus and MAX lines.