Multnomah County, Oregon has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement based on content on a County website.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you believe that material or content (the “Work(s)”) residing on the County’s websites infringes a copyright, send a notice of copyright infringement (“Notice”) to the email address below, which will route your message to the County agent (the “Designated Agent”) authorized to receive notifications of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
If we receive a Notice that contains the required information, we will remove the identified Work(s). When possible, we will also attempt to notify the individual who uploaded the allegedly infringing Work(s).
Required Information for Notices
Each Notice must contain the following:
- A copy or description of the Work(s) being infringed.
- Identification of the Work(s) that you claim to be infringing. Include information about the location of the Work(s) that you seek to have removed, with enough detail to allow the County to find the relevant Work(s).
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address.
- A statement of the basis for a good faith belief that the described use of the allegedly infringing Work(s) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and that you are authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Your electronic signature and certification that you are either the owner of the identified Work(s) or are authorized by their owner to act on their behalf.
Send notices of claimed infringement for the County to the designated agent at email@example.com.