Am I eligible for Veterans' Affairs (VA) benefits?

The best way to figure out whether you are eligible for veterans' benefits is to speak to a veterans' service officer. Veterans' service officers can explain the eligibility requirements for various state and federal benefits and, if you decide to apply for benefits, help you throughout the VA claims process.

What do county veterans' service officers do?

County veterans' service officers provide assistance to applicants for VA benefits throughout the claims process, from completing and submitting paperwork, to appealing unfavorable decisions, to providing representation at hearings.

How do I schedule an appointment with a veterans' service officer?

If you are a Multnomah County resident, call 503-988-VETS (8387)

Can Multnomah County veterans' service officers help me even if I don't live in Multnomah County?

The Multnomah County Veterans' Services Office is only able to assist veterans who are residents of Multnomah County. However almost every county in Oregon has a veterans' service office. Find a Veteran Service Officer.

Do you provide emergency financial assistance?

The Multnomah County Veterans' Services Office does not provide emergency financial assistance. However, Multnomah County Veterans' Services Officers can assist with applications for emergency financial assistance through the Oregon Veterans Emergency Financial Assistance Program (OVEFAP). Note that OVEFAP applications can only be submitted from the 1st - 10th of every month. If you have questions about applying for the OVEFAP program, you can call our office at 503-988-VETS (8387)

Who can I contact for housing assistance?

Multnomah County  Veterans' Services Office partners with community agencies in providing housing assistance and resources. Please contact:

Community Resource and Referral Center (CRRC)
308 SW 1st Ave
Portland, OR 97204

Transition Projects 
650 NW Irving St
Portland, OR 97209

Who can I contact about education benefits?

The VA Muskogee Regional Office manages claims for educational benefits. They can be reached at 1 (888) 442-4551.

How do I obtain my DD-214/ discharge papers?

Visit the National Archives and Records Administration website to request your records online, or come to the Multnomah County Veterans' Services Office to fill out Standard Form-180.

Are there any veterans' homes in Oregon?

There is one veterans' home in Oregon, the Oregon Veterans' Home. If is located in The Dalles and run by the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs.