- Family Caregiver Relief Fund
- Paying for counseling and support groups
- Support for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Unpaid family members, friends, neighbors, or domestic partners caring for a person 60 years old or older or for a person of any age with Alzheimer’s or another dementia
- A parent or older relative caregiver age 55 or older who lives with, and is the primary caregiver for, an individual with disabilities age 18 or older.
- An older relative caregiver (other than a parent) age 55 or older who lives with, and is the primary caregiver for a child age 18 or younger.
- Caregiver living in Multnomah County
- The person in care must need substantial assistance in two of the following areas:
- personal hygiene/grooming
- Family caregivers caring for a person receiving only financial assistance (SNAP, medical card) through Medicaid may be eligible if they meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Family Caregivers whose household annual income is not more than:
- $54,360 for a family of 1
- $73,240 for a family of 2
- $92,120 for a family of 3
- $111,000 for a family of 4
- $129,880 for a family of 5
- $148,760 for a family of 6
- $167,640 for a family of 7
Family caregivers caring for a person receiving Medicaid services (in-home or facility care) are not eligible for relief funds.
How much money is available
- $300-$1200 for supplemental or respite services based on what the client needs.
What grants can be used for
- home care agencies
- adult day care centers
- facilities that provide overnight respite
- goods and services that may be provided to caregivers. This may include (but is not limited to) mobility aids, durable medical equipment, medical alert systems, grab bars, ramps, incontinence supplies, etc.
The Family Caregiver Support Program can provide Options Counseling for family caregivers who want help determining what the best path forward is for someone in their care.
Call the ADRC Helpline at (503) 988.3646 for assistance in applying for these funds and support.
What and who
Relief funds are available for all unpaid family caregivers caring for an elder.
You could receive up to $300 for counseling services
No income eligibility for the family.