Alternative Community Service (ACS) takes referrals from Multnomah County Community Court.

Community Court Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  • How do I register for Community Service?
    If the Court instructs you to perform your community service hours with Alternative Community Service (ACS) at the Mead Building,, please bring your court order and fee (if applicable) to 421 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR, 97204. Our office is open for intakes Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
  • How do I know if I need to pay a fee?
    If you have 40 or more hours, there is a one time $35 fee. We take cash, checks, credit cards, and debit cards. The credit or debit card must be in your name. If you qualify and are on food stamps, your fee can be waived (you must bring verification of your benefits).
  • How long do I have to sign up?
    You must complete your Community Service prior to your next court appearance (this date is noted on your court order). It is recommended that you give yourself extra time to complete your hours in case there are any extenuating circumstances, such as personal illness or holidays scheduled. Additionally, if you walk-on (you are not scheduled for crew, but show up), you may be turned away if vans are filled to capacity.
  • What happens when my hours are completed?
    We will mail you a Completion Letter to the address you give your ACS Case Manager at your intake interview. The ACS Office will also forward the Completion Letter to the Community Court office before your next court appearance date.