- The difference between clutter, collecting, and hoarding
- Why and how to address hoarding
- How you can get help
Hoarding disorder is characterized as the persistent difficulty in discarding or parting with possessions, regardless of their actual value.
Often there are negative emotional, physical, social, and financial impacts on the person and loved ones.
Hoarding disorder is a treatable condition with resources and support groups available to you.
Multnomah County Hoarding Task Force
The Hoarding Taskforce aims to provide training to professionals and community members, create and maintain a website with resources and information, and to reduce stigma and promote best practices.
Hoarding task force charter (70.98 KB)
Quarterly meetings are temporarily suspended.
2020 Hoarding Task Force Report (1.3 MB)
The Hoarding Task Force's Goals are:
- Provide training to professionals and community members
- Create and maintain a website with resources and information
- Reduce stigma and promote best practices
Click here to sign up for our mailing list for information about training and other educational opportunities.