Correction of Maximum Assessed Value

Does not affect prior years.

A property owner may petition the county assessor for a correction in the maximum assessed value of the property for the current tax year if:

  1. as of the assessment date for the current tax year, there is a difference between the actual square footage of the property and the square footage shown in the assessors records. 
  2. new property or new improvements to the property, which were added to the tax roll in a prior tax year, did not exist as of the assessment date for that prior tax year or any subsequent tax year.

Apply for correction


When to file:

On or after July 1, but not later than December 31 of the tax year for which you are requesting relief.

File with:

Multnomah County DART
501 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Suite 200
Portland, OR 97214

Assessor Process

A county appraiser will do a full interior and exterior inspection in order to determine the extent of the error/s if any.