If you are the surviving spouse of a veteran, you may be entitled to exempt a portion of your property taxes.

You must meet two requirements to qualify:

  1. Own and live in a Multnomah County home as your primary residence.
  2. You must be the surviving spouse or surviving partner of a qualified veteran who received an honorable discharge from active duty. The veteran did not have to be disabled for a surviving spouse or partner to be eligible.

Information:  Surviving Spouse Property Tax Exemption Explained

Application: Surviving Spouse Exemption Claim

Statute: ORS 307.250 – 307.283