1. SNAP saves you money on food
Along with the SNAP dollars you’ll get for food, you could save hundreds of dollars a year in additional benefit (listed below) that come with being a SNAP recipient.
2. You could get a free phone
Discount on phone bill or receive a free mobile phone through the Oregon Telephone Assistance Program.
3. Your health could improve
New research links SNAP with improved health outcomes and lower health care costs.
4. You could get low-cost internet
Internet Essentials from Comcast brings affordable, high-speed Internet to your home and if you have at least one child who is eligible for the National School Lunch Program or if you receive HUD housing assistance.
5. You could get healthy fresh food from farmer's markets
6. You could get help taking care of your pet
The Pongo Fund provides quality pet food and veterinary care for family pets.
7. You could ride the bus or MAX for less
SNAP participants get are eligible for half-price fares on TriMet. Visit trimet.org/lowincome for a list of locations where you can apply.
8. You can get low-cost entertainment
Buy $5 tickets to watch plays, music, theater, and dance shows for the entire family.
9. Delay student loans
10. Your kids eat for free at school
With SNAP you qualify for the Free or Reduced Lunch Program at K-12 schools.
11. You may qualify for low sports fees
Check with your school to see if your student qualifies for reduced or eliminated athletic fees.
We make it easier to apply for SNAP (food stamps).
¡Hablamos Español! Call, email or text. Available weekends, evenings. We can visit you. Call 503.320.6658 or 503.928.9689 or email SNAP@multco.us