Our Information Technology division consists of over 170 full-time employees. Our customer base includes approximately 4,500 county staff located in over 130 buildings throughout the Portland metro area. In addition, we provide services for, and partner with, external government agencies, application service providers, non-profit service providers, and others.
What Our Employees Say
- “We are an innovative, forward-thinking IT organization running more than 175 critical applications. We are a Google shop, with a cloud-first strategy.”
- “We search for the path to 'yes' while being fiscally responsible to the citizens of Multnomah County.”
- “We are audacious, exceptional, and leading the way.”
- “We are evenly mixed on .NET and Drupal and tend toward agile software development.”
- “We prioritize work/life balance and offer innovative professional development opportunities for IT staff.”
- “We continuously look for ways to improve how we do our work.”
Our Technology Environment
We provide the technology that is needed to deliver services to county residents. In the last seven years, we have consolidated disparate technologies, stabilized key systems, and modernized infrastructure. We use cloud solutions, third party products, and custom development. Our hard-working, loyal workforce has a passion for excellence and innovation.
In the next seven years, we will integrate new solutions with current ones. As data and analytical needs expand swiftly, we will respond with greater cloud and remote platforms to offer speedier deployment of new capabilities. Mobility, open data, citizen involvement, and new partnerships will provide seamless and low-barrier access to the government services that residents depend on.
Our environment includes over 400 server running Microsoft Windows, UNIX, and Linux, primarily located in the new central data center. It supports approximately 700 business applications throughout the county, as well as 8,000 voice/fax lines and multiple call centers. Our 6,000 desktops are a mix of laptops, Windows desktops, and thin clients. Our mobility services continue to expand but we primarily support iOS and Android based devices.
Our Staff Specializations
- Server Hosting
- Data Center Operations
- Network Management
- Help Desk Services
- Desktop Services
- Database Design and Administration
- Software Development
- Project Management
- IT Security and Risk Management
- IT Planning and Budgeting
- IT Administration and Support
Some of the many benefits provided at Multnomah County:
- A commitment to work-life balance
- Flexible work schedules and telecommuting opportunities
- Limited travel requirements, primarily local
- Limited overtime requirements
- Technical and leadership training opportunities
- Annual public transit pass
- Transparency in compensation and benefits
- Career development, coaching, and mentorship opportunities
- A range of fitness classes, equipment, and facilities.
- Wellness programs for weight management, smoking cessation and more
Read More About Us