COVID-19: All meetings and activities are currently happening virtually.
Student health action councils (SHACs) are student-led groups affiliated with Multnomah County’s student health centers.
We are teens who care about making schools and communities a healthier place. We work on projects that promote health and advise student health centers about student health issues.
You’ll have fun meeting new people, building skills and connections and helping your community.
- Making de-stress kits for fellow students
- Card-making for local children's hospitals
- Baked goods and PPE donations to homeless youth
- SHAC Talks featuring PSU professors, TEDx Talks speakers and other experts
- Park clean-ups
- Awareness Day - We travel to Salem each year to talk to legislators about the importance of our student health centers.
- Statewide SHAC retreat
Join Your School's SHAC!
SHACs are a safe space for everyone. We welcome all students from all backgrounds. Join anytime!
- David Douglas
Nicole Mayer, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org