*This dish is an adapted recipe from Network for a Healthy California's Soulful Recipes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 8 slices
- An oven
- A cookie sheet
- 4 very ripe medium plantains
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of spice of choice (try nutmeg or cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray cookie sheet well with nonstick cooking spray or other nonstick material.
- Peel and slice each plantain into 16 thin diagonal slices.
- Sprinkle plantains with spice and brown sugar.
- Bake until crisp, about 45 minutes. Serve while warm.