*This recipe is adapted from Food Hero's fish taco dish
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1 taco
- An oven
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 pounds cod filets or 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- *If you are cooking chicken, cut breast into desirable portions prior to cooking
- Place fish or chicken in baking dish
- Mix lime juice, tomato, onion, cilantro, oil, peppers and salt and spoon on top of fish/chicken.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep meat moist.
- Bake 15-20 minutes (or until fish flakes)
- Mix sour cream and salsa.
- Mix cabbage and onion.
- Mix sour cream/salsa into the cabbage and onion.
- Divide cooked fish/chicken among tortillas. Add 1/4 cup of slaw to each. Fold over and eat!
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.