Other benefits available to Multnomah County Employees.

Trimet Pass Program

Multnomah County encourages employees to use public transportation.  All benefits-eligible employees qualify for a free TriMet Hop Fastpass - for all-zone on TriMet buses, MAX, Wes, Streetcar, Tram and C-Tran non-express routes

Garage and Zone Parking

For benefit-eligible employees, the County offers zone parking permits through payroll deduction for Portland street parking for employees who work in Zones M & N. Employee-rate parking, and free secure bike parking, may also be available at the County garage located across from the Multnomah Building (501 SE Hawthorne)Note: Employee parking at the Multnomah Building Garage is not reimbursable from TRP accounts.

Employee Assistance Program 

The County provides an Employee Assistance Program for benefit-eligible employees and members of their immediate household. This program can help with many family concerns, life crises, personal and work issues.

See EAP page on the Commons for access information and more details. 

Employee Wellness Program (contact wellness.program@multco.us for more info or questions)

  • Access to County fitness centers
  • Gym discounts
  • Insight Timer app access
  • Discount codes/tickets 
  • Wellness workshops
  • Much more!

Travel Assistance

The County provides a travel assistance program to benefit-elgible employees and eligible members of their household. The service is provided through the Standard. This program can help with services while traveling 100 or more miles from home.  Services are available worldwide and can include: pre-travel checklists, travel guides, hospital admission coordination; emergency medical evacuation; medically supervised transportation home; legal and interpreter referrals; Rx replacement assistance, other referral services, and online assistance.

Contact Travel Assistance:

  • United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Bermuda:
  • Everywhere Else:
  • Text:
  • Email:


Home Loan and Financial Services

HomeStreet Bank 

HomeStreet Bank Affinity Program offers select mortgage, personal loans and banking benefits. These benefits include closing cost savings on a home purchase or refinance, discounted rates on personal /car loans, free Workplace checking and financial fitness resources. Find all the details here: www.homestreet.com/multnomah

Flyer:  2024 HomeStreet Bank (1.46 MB)

Phone: 503-227-3956 or 888-408-0066

Topics and resources include, but are not limited to:

  • Mortgages
  • Banking
  • Loans & Credit
  • Investing
  • Insurance
  • Private Banking
  • Financial Education Seminars

PointWest Credit Union - Access to home loans and many other financial services

Website: https://www.pointwestcu.com

Phone: 503-546-5000 or 888-468-5826

Email: mbrservices@pointwestcu.com

Topics and resources include, but are not limited to:

  • Mortgages
  • Banking
  • Loans & Credit
  • Investing
  • Insurance
  • Private Banking

ChildCare Resources (KinderCare) 

Health Reimbursement (HRA VEBA)

Several bargaining units and management group of Multnomah County currently participate in semi-monthly contributions to their VEBA accounts. Participating groups are: Non-Represented, Physicians, Local 48, Local 701, Deputy Sheriffs/Civil Deputies, FOPPO, and Prosecuting Attorneys (on a limited basis). Contributions are not allowed on an individual basis. Additional information on HRA VEBA can be found at www.hraveba.org.

Optional Long Term Care

Benefit-elgible employees may purchase Long Term Care insurance for themselves and eligible dependents, including domestic partners. This plan is currently available to Non-Represented employees, MCCDA, members of AFSCME Locals 88, 88-2 (Physicians) & 88-5 (Dentists) and members of the Oregon Nurses Association.

Health Insurance Premium Reimbursements

Part-time employees who work additional hours may be eligible for reimbursement of a portion of the employee cost shares for medical and dental health care premiums.  

Subject to the terms and conditions of county collective bargaining agreements, some bargaining agreements allow employees working extra hours (equivalent to a higher FTE for a set period of time) to receive reimbursement of the difference between what the employee paid and what an employee hired in that increased FTE status would pay for the same coverage.  See your collective bargaining agreements for more information about your premium reimbursement. 

  • Local 88 half-time or three-quarter time employees (Article 11, Health and Welfare);
  • JCSS half-time or three-quarter time employees (Article 11, Health and Welfare);
  • ONA part-time employees (Article 11, Health and Welfare);
  • FOPPO part-time employees (Article 10, Health and Welfare);
  • IBEW part-time employees (Article 11, Health and Welfare);
  • IUOE part-time employees (Article 11, Health and Welfare

For specific questions regarding this benefit or for information about how to request a refund, please contact the Employee Benefits Office at employee.benefits@multco.us or 503-988-3477