Medical & Dental Plan Options
Multnomah County offers comprehensive health care options for employees and their eligible family members:
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) medical plan choices, with or without routine vision care
- Three dental plan options
- Moda Delta Dental
- Kaiser Dental
- Willamette Dental Group
- Plan costs vary by plan selection and bargaining unit. See our Medical/Dental Comparisons and Costs page or our New Employee Benefits page to find the benefit options specific to your bargaining unit.
- Most full-time employees pay 5-10% of the monthly cost of the coverage
- Part-time employees pay about 50% of the monthly cost of the coverage or may have the option of a no-cost medical plan
- Kaiser and Moda medical plans include coverage for Alternative Care (massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, & naturopathic).
- Choosing Your Health Plan (for those new to coverage who may be unfamiliar with HMO and PPO plans)
Frequently Asked Questions
When will my new health care plan start?
Your plan will begin on the first of the month following the date of your employment, if all required documentation has been submitted. If your hire date coincides with the first of the month and you’ve submitted all required documentation on the first, your benefits will begin on the first.
What if I already have other medical coverage?
Multnomah County provides an opt-out option for health care. If you have group coverage under another qualifying health plan and decline medical coverage through Multnomah County, you may be eligible to receive a monthly opt out credit.
How do I sign up?
All enrollments must be submitted in Workday. In some cases, we will need to receive other documentation to complete the enrollment.
Can I enroll my domestic partner and/or domestic partner's children onto my medical coverage?
Yes, provided you have met the requirements for a qualifying domestic partnership. However, there are significant tax impacts to adding non-IRS eligible dependents onto your plan/s. Please review our Domestic Partners & Your Benefits (non-IRS eligible Dependents) page more information.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 503.988.3477. Our customer service goal is to respond to your inquiries within 24 hours.