Election Results and Turnout from the January 31, 2012 Special Election
Oregon's Governor set a special election schedule to replace the congressman from the 1st Congressional District (map Congressional District #1 Boundaries in NW Oregon (179.65 KB)) after receiving a letter of resignation in August 2011. A special primary election was held on November 8, 2011, where registered Republicans and Democrats in the 1st Congressional District each nominated a candidate. A special general election was then held on January 31, 2012, where all registered voters in the 1st Congressional District voted for major and minor party nominations. The congressional lines that were put into place in 2001 apply to these special elections The redistricted congressional lines approved in 2011 apply in the May 2012 Primary Election.
- Election Results - Summary of final official results from Multnomah County. Updated on 2/13/2012
Abstracts - Results by Precinct
- Abstracts (html) (pdf )
Election Participation and Turnout
- Election Participation by District
- Election Participation by Precinct
- Voter Demographics Report
- Voter Turnout - daily ballot returns beginning on Tue. 1-17-2012 through Election Day, Tue. 1-31-2012.
Other Election Information from the January 2012 Special Election
- Voters' Pamphlet for January 31, 2012, Special General Election produced by the Oregon Secretary of State's office.
- Sample Ballot
- Candidate Name Order on ballot
- Special Election timeline
- Temporary Administrative Rule
- Map of Congressional District #1 Boundaries in Multnomah County.
- Map of Congressional District #1 Boundaries in NW Oregon.