Occupation: Operates a small, fire service related business.
Occupational Background: Retired as Deputy Chief after 33 years of service with the Portland Fire Bureau in 1994. Self employed owner of a small business, 1955-1962.
Educational Background: Graduate, Oregon Fire Administrator Institute, Western Oregon State College. Associate Degree in Fire Technology, Portland Community College. Vocational Degree in Auto Mechanics, Multnomah College. Graduate, Garibaldi High School, Valedictorian
Prior Governmental Experience: Board member Russell Neighborhood Association 1998 to present; Budget Committee Member, Parkrose School District, 1996-1999; Fire Advisory Boards, Portland Community College, Mount Hood Community College, Marylhurst College; Fire Science Curriculum Development Committee, Portland Community College; Vocational Advisory Council, Portland Community College; EMT Advisory Committee, Portland Community College
I have lived in Northeast Portland since 1953 and have been a resident of Parkrose School District for the past 9 years. I currently have two grandchildren in Parkrose schools. I have volunteered as a carpenter and set builder for the Parkrose Performing Arts Department since 1995.
- I support the reduction of the student-teacher classroom ratio.
- I strongly encourage community involvement in the Parkrose School District.
- As a member of the board I will respond to the unique nature of the community and its residents.
- I will work to achieve a settlement with the general contractor of the High School and Community Center.
- I advocate the need to develop programs to decrease the high student drop out rate we are experiencing.
- I support the educators and administrators of Parkrose School District in the implementation of the Oregon Educational Act for the 21st Century.
No agendas, just Common Sense.
Let’s put Pride back in Parkrose.
(This information furnished by Rod Martin)