Letter to Voter
This Voters’ Pamphlet for the May 19, 2020 Primary Election is being mailed to residential households in Multnomah County.
Here are a few things you should know:
- You can view your registration status at oregonvotes.gov/myvote. There you can update your voter registration or track your ballot. The Voter Registration/Party Change Deadline is April 28, 2020.
- If you wish to vote for the Democratic or Republican Party candidates in the May Primary you must register with one of those parties by the Voter Registration/Party Change deadline, April 28, 2020.
- You can choose or change your party by updating your voter registration information online (with Oregon DMV ID) oregonvotes.gov/myvote or filling out an Oregon Voter Registration Card. The Voter Registration/Party Choice Deadline is April 28, 2020.
- If you are registered with the Democratic or Republican party you will also receive a precinct committeeperson ballot, however precinct committee candidates do not appear in this Voters’ Pamphlet.
- If you change your party affiliation near the April 28, 2020 deadline you may receive two ballots Vote only the second ballot with your new party.
- Ballots will be mailed beginning on Wednesday, April 29. If you don’t receive your ballot by Thursday, May 7, 2020, please call 503-988-VOTE (8683) or email email@example.com.
- We’ve moved our ballot drop box on SE 11th Ave. one block north. Due to impending construction of a new building in our neighborhood, we’ve moved our 24-hour drop box on the East Side of SE 11th Ave. one block north. It is now located on the East side of SE 11th Ave. between SE Alder St. and SE Morrison St. Look for signs with directions placed around the building. The drop box on the north side of SE Belmont St between SE 10th Ave and SE 11th Ave has not moved.
Voted ballots MUST be received at any County elections office in Oregon or official drop site location by 8:00 PM, Tuesday, May 19 to be counted.
If you have any questions, you can contact our office at 503-988-VOTE (8683).
Tim Scott, Multnomah County Director of Elections
PLEASE NOTE: Multnomah County Elections prints information as submitted. We do not correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, syntax, errors or inaccurate information.